- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Development Cooperation in Africa
- Australia-Portugal relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Australian Embassy, Portugal
Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in Lisbon. Our contact details and other information about the Embassy are available under About us in the menu on the left.
Work and Holiday Visa – Australia and Portugal
On 25 September 2014, Australia and Portugal signed a reciprocal Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa arrangement.
Click here for further information.
Direct Aid Program - Cape Verde, São Tomé and Princípe and Guinea Bissau
The Australian Embassy is Lisbon manages the Direct Aid Program (DAP) in Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe and Guinea-Bissau.
DAP is a flexible small grants scheme available to individuals, community groups and local and international NGOs, government entities, academic institutions, museums or other non-profit organizations working in development activities at community level and that involve the beneficiaries in the identification and implementation of the project. The projects focus on areas of: poverty alleviation, income generation, education, sanitation, health, human rights, good governance, rural development, gender equality, environment and ad hoc humanitarian relief.
To view projects that have been funded, please click here.
Seminar on Exporting & Investing in Australia
A seminar on Exporting & Investing in Australia was hosted by the The Portuguese Chamber of Commerce, with the support of the Australian Embassy, on 23 September 2014. View highlights of the seminar here.
The Australian Embassy in Lisbon, Portugal does not process visa or citizenship applications. For clients resident in Portugal visa processing is undertaken electronically through the online ‘eVisa’ service, or by processing centres in Australia, or by an immigration office at another Australian Embassy.
For further information, including telephone and email contact details, please click on Information regarding Visas and Migration.
2014 ANZAC Day Celebrations in Lisbon
For over two decades the Australian community has marked ANZAC Day with a simple ceremony in the Lisbon area. For the past few years the ceremony has been held in the garden of the residence of the Australian Ambassador to Portugal. Here are some of the highlights of this year’s ceremony.
Travelling in Portugal
Australians planning to travel to Portugal should read the following information
International Women's Day 2014
- Australian Indigenous Art Exhibition in Braga
- Alick Tipoti wins 2014 Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award 3D Category
- The Cannes Film Festival jury awarded Australian actor David Gulpilil with the Best Actor prize for his performance in Rolf de Heer's film Charlie's Country
- Australian Ambassador launches Indigenous art exhibition in São Tomé
- Cultural - Alick Tipoti - Sydney Biennale
Other useful information
- Beware of Employment Scams
- Private companies promoting Australian visa services
- Notification of Australia's New Yellow Fever Vaccination requirements
- Public Holidays 2014
- Frequently Asked Questions